Click Here to View All of our Parks
Covered Bridge Park
Located between two historic covered bridges along the Jordan Creek, Covered Bridge Park serves as South Whitehall Township’s premier park. This park has three picnic pavilions, four ball fields, four football/soccer fields, handball courts, disc golf, volleyball courts, walking path, recreation center and public restrooms. The Pennsylvania Fish Commission stocks the Jordan Creek every spring. This park hosts special events and picnic pavilions can be reserved. The main park entrance is located at 2465 Wehr Mill Road, Allentown, PA 18104.
Click HERE to see the Covered Bridge Park Master Plan
After gathering public input in 2018, the Township and Penn Praxis have finalized a master plan for the Vistas Park. Click here for more information. We hope you like it!
South Whitehall Township is a community partner with St. Lukes and we encourage everyone to get your Tail on the Trail! Click on the flier to sign up for the program and earn FREE gear!
Park Rules and Regulations
(Township sanctioned events or programs are exempt from the following rules)
All parks and recreational areas are open to the public in accordance with the following schedule:
- Hours: All parks and recreational areas are open to the public from dawn till dusk on all days of the year.
- Exceptions to regular hours:
- Fishing. The park shall be open to fishermen, actively engaged in fishing activities, 24 hours per day.
- For Township sponsored or sanctioned events and programs.
- Lighted athletic fields/ courts that the Township has or may construct.
- As permitted by the Township’ s Special Event Permit Process.
- Exceptions to regular hours:
- Parking: Motor vehicles may not be parked within the parks or recreational areas except in designated parking areas. If an exception is requested, event planners will be required to submit a parking plan contemporaneously with the request for an exception.
- Fishing: Fishing is permitted in Covered Bridge Park in accordance with the current Pennsylvania fish laws, unless otherwise posted. No digging of bait is allowed.
- Prohibited activities: Camping, hunting, golfing ( striking or hitting of golf balls), trapping, fireworks, the use of firearms, air rifles, spring guns, bows and arrows or slings, ice skating and digging of any kind are prohibited. Township sanctioned events or programs are exempt from this rule.
- Animal control: No animals are allowed to run at large in the park or recreational areas and shall be controlled by a leash at all times. The individual in charge of an animal entering any park or recreational area is required to be in possession of proper implements for the gathering and disposing of animal feces. All feces shall be collected immediately, removed from the park or recreational area, and disposed of in accordance with accepted sanitary standards.
- Fires: Fires are permitted only in Covered Bridge Park and Fernwood Park ( formerly known as Molinaro Park). Fires may be maintained only in fireplaces provided or in grills brought to the park for this purpose. All fires shall be extinguished before leaving. Charcoal or other material used as the source of fuel for the fire shall be properly disposed of in the ash receptacles located in the park. Township sanctioned events or programs are exempt from this rule.
- Respect of park property: Cutting, mutilating, removing or taking away of trees, shrubs, or flowers or the removal, defacing or damaging of any park or recreational area property is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages: Drinking and the possession of alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Township sanctioned events or programs are exempt from this rule.
- Prohibited conduct: Intoxication, indecent language and disorderly conduct are prohibited.
- Prohibition of working on any motorized vehicles: No vehicle may be repaired mechanically, washed, painted or have any other work performed on it within the confines of any Township park.
- Activities requiring permits: A permit is required for the following activities on all Township properties and roads:
- Reservation for pavilions.
- Reservation of fields, courts, and trails for organized sports, including but not limited to practices, games, leagues, tournaments, and clinics.
- Special Events
- For purposes of this Chapter ” Special Events” shall mean any organized outdoor activity, show, contest, carnival, gathering, or meeting, other than regularly conducted church and school activities and organized sports covered under 240- 1( K)(2), which occurs upon any South Whitehall Township public property and/ or road, which will cause a disruption or change in normal traffic regulations or controls. These activities include but are not limited to social gatherings, special appearances, promotional activities, fundraising activities, footraces, concerts, parades and bicycle races.
- In the event a permit is issued for a Special Event, it shall not be assigned to another party