Use Of Recreational Facilities
The primary use of South Whitehall Township athletic fields and recreation areas are for public recreation activities. However, field priority is given to any organization or group who has requested and received a field permit for organized practices, games, tournaments, etc. Please be mindful of this if you are planning to use a field for recreational purposes. Township parks are open to the public during daylight hours. The township is currently accepting 2019 fall/winter season reservations, spring and summer are not yet open for reservations. To apply for a permit please download the field/court rental form above and submit the completed form via email to Kukitzm@southwhitehall.com or to:
Parks and Recreation Department
4444 Walbert Avenue
Allentown, PA 18104
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES AND REGULATIONS CAREFULLY
- Groups should take appropriate actions to maintain facilities and investigate and/or prevent abuse of facilities. Groups will be held responsible for damages attributed to their use.
- All field and court related requests must be submitted to the South Whitehall Township Department of Parks & Recreation in writing on this form. No request will be accepted via email.
- Pursuant to Department of Parks & Recreation policy we may charge appropriate fees to extracurricular activities utilizing municipal facilities, which in the opinion of the Department impose excessive or unusual costs.
- Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to make all decisions concerning field playability, and also to suspend usage of the athletic facility due to weather conditions that may endanger the participants and/or may damage the field.
- A current $1,000,000.00 (one million dollar) general liability insurance policy is required for all field and court permits. South Whitehall Township must be named as the additional insured. Field permits will not be issued without this insurance policy.
- A representative of the organization that has been issued a permit should have the permit at the field while they are scheduled to be there and is responsible to enforce these rules and regulations.
- Any team/organization with this permit for a particular field has precedence over any other group for the allocated permit date and time. Verbal permission is never granted.
- When using on-street parking, please be considerate of residents who live near the ball fields. Do not litter, cut across properties or block driveways.