Coronavirus – Resource Page
This page will be updated with COVID-19 resource links as they become available:
US SBA link for local assistance: https://www.sba.gov/local-assistance/find/
DCED Resources: https://dced.pa.gov/resources/
PA Business One Stop: https://dced.pa.gov/business-assistance/small-business-assistance/
Certified Economic Development Organizations: https://dced.pa.gov/cedo/
Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance: https://dced.pa.gov/local-business-assistance/
Chambers of Commerce: https://www.officialusa.com/stateguides/chambers/pennsylvania.html
South Whitehall Township is encouraging all residents to carefully read the CDC links below. These links provide a briefing on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and prevention tactics.
The Township continues to monitor the situation and will provide updates as they become available.
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to change and evolve on a daily basis. As a Township, we continue to monitor the guidelines issued by the Governor and CDC. The Township’s temporary office at the Roma Building continues to be closed to the public. Staff will be available during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 8 am- 4:00 pm via phone at 610-398-0401 or e-mail to answer any questions or conduct routine business.
Outlined below are additional temporary modifications:
- All utility and/or refuse payments must be mailed in the envelope provided in the bill. In-person payments will temporarily not be accepted.
- At this time, trash and recycling curbside service will be collected as scheduled. The Yard Waste Drop-Off site located at 2200 Wehr Mill Rd. is temporarily CLOSED. However the site is schedule to reopen on Monday, May 11. For additional information on hours please visit the Yard Waste Drop-Off Site page. More information on trash and recycling can be found by clicking here.
- Parks, trails and open space will remain open at this time. The disc golf course will reopen on Friday, May 1. All users must follow the posted CDC guideline at the course. All playground equipment, handball courts and basketball courts will remain CLOSED and no pavilion rental requests will be accepted for dates prior to May 25. The Township is also encouraging no organized activities in the parks, in order to practice social distancing. The Township has posted Stay At-Home Recreation activities that we encourage you to take a look at Keep up to speed by visiting the township’s parks and recreation Facebook page.
- For information regarding permits, please visit the Permits & Licensing page.
- If staff would be required to enter a private residence or business, a series of questions may be asked and personal protective equipment may be worn.
- The South Whitehall Township water and wastewater systems continue to be safe. For additional information please visit: https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-drinking-water-and-wastewater
- Our Police Department has issued separate guidance on the procedure for non-emergency calls. Please click here for the official response. The Police Department would also like the thank everyone for taking this seriously. Please read the following for more information.
- The May 6, 2020 Board of Commissioners meeting will be held electronically on GoTo Meeting. Please visit the website calendar for login information
- The May 11, 2020 Parks and Recreation Board will be held electronically on GoTo Meeting. Please visit the website calendar for login information
- The May 20, 2020 Board of Commissioners meeting will be held electronically on GoTo Meeting. Please visit the website calendar for login information
- The May 27, 2020 Zoning Hearing Board meeting will be held electronically on GoTo Meeting. Please visit the website calendar for login information
For additional information on public meetings that may not be listed on this page, please visit the Township’s website calendar.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as South Whitehall Township positions itself in the best way possible to minimize the disruption and attempt to maximize the health and safety of all so that we can continue to fulfill our obligations to the citizens we serve. We will continue to update the website, Parks and Recreation and Police Facebook pages and Police Next Door site on any changes.
The Township sincerely thanks everyone for their patience and understanding, as we navigate these unprecedented times.
Stay safe and healthy,