Click HERE for the South Whitehall Township Employee Application
Seasonal Public Works Employees – OPEN
The South Whitehall Township Department of Public Works is looking for seasonal workers to provide a wide variety of semi-skilled manual tasks and operation of light equipment. Perform basic grounds-keeping duties; and maintenance and repair of parks buildings, structures, playgrounds and other equipment. The position will also perform general manual labor digging ditches, weeding, mowing, raking and edging of turf areas, cutting brush, pruning trees and shrubs, removing obstacles from roadway and adjacent areas. Performs simple manual work connected with patching and repairing of streets, street construction and maintenance. Operate light equipment such as lawnmowers, pick-up trucks and other powered tools. Performs cleaning and restocking of park restrooms, empty trash receptacles and pick up litter. Other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid PA drivers license.
Playground Counselor – OPEN!
South Whitehall Township is seeking applications for Summer Playground Program Counselors. Counselors will report directly to their Playground Supervisor and will be responsible for leading a schedule of diverse programs consisting of competitive and non-competitive recreation activities. Activities may include: sports, games, team building, arts and crafts, environmental education and special events. Counselors are expected to keep all program participants active and engaged from 9:00am – 3:00pm (M-F). The program will run from Monday, June 17 – Friday, August 9.
Applicants must be at least 17 years of age. Application deadline is Friday, May 31, 2019. Interested applicants should email email@example.com (ATTN: Recreation Program Specialist)
Parks and Recreation Internship
Summer Recreation Assistant – CLOSED
South Whitehall Township’s Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a Summer Recreation Assistant.
Sample Job Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and participates in the development and implementation of seasonal recreation programs for residents of all ages and abilities.
- Obtains sponsorship for various recreation needs and to offset costs of recreation events.
- Prepares written documents, statistical reports, program schedules, press releases, brochures and fliers.
- Communicates and works with individuals, community groups and committees to stimulate broad-based partnerships and develop program support.
- Consult with school officials, youth sport groups and other public and private agencies in seeking solutions to widen the township’s program offerings.
- Monitors and updates the Department’s social media pages and website pages, and explores other advertising methods to enhance program marketing efforts.
- Tracks attendance and registration numbers for all recreation programs and contributes data to monthly department report.
- Coordinates facility rentals such as pavilions and athletic fields.
- Assists the Recreation Program Specialist.
- Supervises the Summer Playground Program and Staff.
Desired Education & Experience
- On track to earn a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Parks and Recreation Management, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience operating programs for a Parks and Recreation Department.
- Experience working with youth.
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification required within one (1) month of start of employment.
- A valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license is required
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Recreation Program Specialist).
Application Deadline is March 31st, 2019!
Certified Lifeguards – CLOSED
Interested applicants should email email@example.com (ATTN: Recreation Program Specialist). The Swim and Gym Program runs on Sundays (1-5pm) from January to March at Parkland High School.