Click HERE for the South Whitehall Township Employee Application
Certified Lifeguards – CLOSED
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Park and Recreation Manager). The Swim and Gym Program runs on Sundays (1-5pm) from January to March at Parkland High School.
Seasonal Public Works Employees – OPEN! – APPLY NOW!
The South Whitehall Township Department of Public Works is looking for seasonal workers to provide a wide variety of semi-skilled manual tasks and operation of light equipment. Perform basic grounds maintenance and repair of park amenities, structures, playgrounds and other equipment. The position will also perform general manual labor digging ditches, weeding, mowing, raking and edging of turf areas, cutting brush, pruning trees and shrubs, removing obstacles from roadway and adjacent areas. Performs simple manual work connected with patching and repairing of streets, street construction and maintenance. Operate light equipment such as lawnmowers, pick-up trucks and other powered tools. Performs cleaning and restocking of park restrooms, empty trash receptacles and pick up litter. Other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid PA drivers license. Application deadline is Friday, April 24, 2020. Interested applicants should email email@example.com (ATTN: Director of Township Operations) a completed application.
Playground Counselor – OPEN! – APPLY NOW!
South Whitehall Township is seeking applications for Summer Playground Program Counselors. Counselors will report directly to their Playground Supervisor and will be responsible for leading a schedule of diverse programs consisting of competitive and non-competitive recreation activities. Activities may include: sports, games, team building, arts and crafts, environmental education and special events. Counselors are expected to keep all program participants active and engaged from 9:00am – 3:00pm (M-F). The program will run from Monday, June 17 – Friday, August 9.
Applicants must be at least 17 years of age. Application deadline is Friday, May 8, 2020. Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Parks and Recreation Manager)
Part-time Recreation Specialist- OPEN! – APPLY NOW!
The role of the Recreation Specialist is to assist with the development, implementation and coordination of all aspects of the South Whitehall Township Parks and Recreation Department.
Starting Hourly Rate Range – $15.00 to $17.00. Position will require some nights, weekends and holidays. 20 hours weekly average / 1,040-hours per year. Application Deadline is February 14, 2020. Interested applicants should email email@example.com (ATTN: Parks and Recreation Manager).
Section II: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and updates the Department’s social media and website pages and explores other advertising methods to enhance program marketing efforts.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and participates in the development and implementation of the year-round recreation programs for residents of all ages and abilities.
- Prepares Monthly Park and Recreation Board Meeting Minutes
- Prepares written documents, statistical reports, program schedules, press releases, brochures and fliers.
- Communicates and works with individuals, community groups and committees to stimulate broad-based partnerships and develop program support.
- Consult with school officials, youth sport groups and other public and private agencies in seeking solutions to widen the township’s program offerings.
- Monitors and updates the Department’s online registration system – RecDesk
- Assists in the coordination and supervision of the Summer Playground Program
- Tracks attendance and registration numbers for all recreation programs
- Assists the Park and Recreation Manager as needed.
Section III: Supervisory Responsibilities:
General oversight of Temporary/Seasonal employees including our Summer Playground Program staff and Swim and Gym staff.
Section IV: Qualifications: Qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for the position.
- Proficient in computer operations; Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong and effective written and oral skills
- Ability to analyze problems and identify possible solutions
- Ability to work and interact in a positive and collaborative manner with other departments, residents, businesses, and other government entities
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changes that may occur with the daily work schedule
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Section V: Education and Experience:
- Any equivalent combination of training and/or experience listed below:
- 2+ years’ experience working with youth.
- On track to earn a degree from an accredited university with a major in Parks and Recreation Management, Elementary Education, Sports Management or similar field.
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification required within one (1) month of start of employment.
- A valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license is required
Section VI: Physical Demands:
This position may involve lifting, sitting, standing, walking and/or bending daily.
Section VII: Work Environment:
This position works in an office environment with frequent outdoor work involved with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions. This position requires frequent travel between programs and events.