South Whitehall Township provides uniform police service to their residents 24 hours a day. The patrol division is the backbone of the department.
The Patrol Division is under the supervision of Lieutenant Paul Dickinson, Jr. It consists of 22 Patrol Officers and 6 Sergeants. Patrol Officers and their Sergeants have a variety of responsibilities including:
- Performing law enforcement services involving the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and related preventive and investigative work.
- Patrolling designated areas in a police vehicle to preserve law and peace, to prevent and discover the commission of crime and to enforce traffic and parking regulations.
- Answering calls for service.
- Conducting preliminary investigations, gathering evidence, making arrests and testifying in court.
- Conducting traffic collision investigations and providing first aid for the injured.