Pursuant to PA Governor Tom Wolf Order effective at 8:00pm on March 19 and until further notice: South Whitehall Township will not be accepting new applications for any land subdivision activity or any residential and non-residential construction activities. These are considered non-essential activities pursuant to the order. Thank you for your patience.
The Purpose of the Planning Department
- To review applications for subdivision of property or altering property lines
- To review applications for rezoning requests
- To propose and/or review modifications to the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance, Storm Water Management Ordinance and Flood Plain Ordinance
- To monitor the Township’s Comprehensive Plan
- To review development plans for a variety of issues including but not limited to:
- Impervious surface coverage and storm water runoff
- Wetlands preservation
- Traffic impact/circulation
- Availability of utilities
- Concerns of other governmental agencies, such as:
- Lehigh Valley Planning Commission
- PA Department of Transportation
- Lehigh County Conservation District
- Department of Environmental Protection
- Zoning issues
- Public Improvements
- Any off-site impact
- Public comment
- Minor subdivisions Residential development involving five lots or less
- Major subdivisions Residential development involving more than five lots or any non-residential development
- Land development Non-residential development
- Re-subdivisions Alteration of existing lot lines or recorded land development plans
Elements of the Planning Review Process:
- Submission of completed Subdivision Review application and plans drawn within the requirements of Subdivision And Land Development Ordinance (SALDO) and zoning regulations.
- Review by the Township Staff, Township Engineer, and other governmental reviewing agencies.
- A submission receipt from the Township that indicates the adequacy or inadequacy of the submission, provides a list of deficiencies seen upon first review, and the date for the Planning Commission meeting at which it will be first reviewed for the public.
- Corrections, amendments, clarifications, studies, calculations, etc., and resubmission by the developer.
- Final review by Planning Commission, Staff and Engineer.
- Review/Final Review by the Board of Commissioners.
- Improvements Agreements, insurance and financial security arranged/provided.
- Recordation of approved plan.
- Construction conference.
- Site development, and inspections by the Township Engineer.
- Completion of construction and inspections.
- Administration of Maintenance Agreement for improvements – two years.
- Final disposition of remaining financial security posted by developer.