April 3, 2020
In response to the rapidly changing dynamic of the COVID – 19 pandemic the Township is temporarily modifying some of the ways business is conducted. Rest assured that during this unprecedented time, the Township continues to be committed to providing the community with exceptional service. In the effort to keep our police, public works, water and sewer operators and staff healthy, effective immediately we will be closing our offices to the public to limit personal contact. Staff will be available during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 8 am- 4:00 pm via phone at 610-398-0401 or e-mail to answer any questions or conduct routine business.
Outlined below are additional temporary modifications:
- All utility and/or refuse payments must be mailed in the envelope provided in the bill. In-person payments will temporarily not be accepted.
- At this time, trash and recycling curbside service will be collected as scheduled.
- Forms (permits, licenses, moving forms etc.) are available on the website. Completed forms can be mailed to 4444 Walbert Ave. Allentown, PA 18104 or scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com. You can also request a hard copy formed be mailed.
- If you are awaiting permit issuance or Certificate of Occupancy please contact the permits clerk at 610-398-0401 and arrangements will be made for issuance.
- If staff would be required to enter a private residence or business a series of questions may be asked and personal protective equipment may be worn.
- The South Whitehall Township water and wastewater systems continue to be safe. For additional information please visit: https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-drinking-water-and-wastewater
- Our Police Department has issued separate guidance on the procedure for non-emergency calls. Please click here for the official response
- The Yard Waste Drop-Off site located at 2200 Wehr Mill Rd. is temporarily CLOSED. For additional information on hours visit the website.
- Parks, trails and open space will remain open at this time. However, all playground equipment and basketball courts will be closed and no pavilion rental requests will be accepted for dates prior to May 8. The Township is also encouraging no organized activities in the parks, in order to practice social distancing.
**All South Whitehall Township public meetings scheduled to be held at Parkland School District facilities are canceled until April 13, 2020.
- The March 18, 2020 meeting of the Board of Commissioners has been canceled.
- The March 19, 2020 Planning Commission meeting has been canceled
- The April 1, 2020 Board of Commissioners meeting will be held electronically on GoTo Meeting. Instructions will be posted on the website and shared the week of March 23 on how to participate electronically in the public meeting.
For additional cancellations please visit the website or call 610-398-0401.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as South Whitehall Township positions itself in the best way possible to minimize the disruption and attempt to maximize the health and safety of all so that we can continue to fulfill our obligations to the citizens we serve. We will continue to update the website, Parks and Recreation and Police Facebook pages and Police Next Door site on any changes.
Township Relocation and Renovation Project
The Township is excited to announce that it continues to work through the campus master plan to update and modernize the existing township building and overall campus. These updates will provide for a more streamlined resident experience and allow for more efficient day-to-day operations.
South Whitehall Township will be temporarily moving offices to Suite 410 in the Roma Building (1605 North Cedar Crest Blvd.) while the township campus undergoes a renovation. Normal business hours (8am-4pm; M-F) and operations will continue at the Township Building until January 31. Starting on February 3, all Township business will be conducted at the Roma Building during normal business hours.
Please click here to visit our campus renovation project page.
Please click here for new 2020 meeting locations. (All March public meetings have been cancelled).
Please click here for information regarding changes for the Yard Waste Drop Off Site.