The Covid-19 pandemic continues to change and evolve on a daily basis. As we transition into the green phase, residents will notice more businesses and restaurants beginning to reopen. As a Township, we continue to monitor the guidelines issued by the Governor and CDC. The Township’s temporary office at the Roma Building continues to be closed to the public during the green phase. Staff will be available during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 8 am- 4:00 pm via phone at 610-398-0401 or e-mail to answer any questions or conduct routine business.
Outlined below are additional temporary modifications:
- All utility and/or refuse payments must be mailed in the envelope provided in the bill. In-person payments will temporarily not be accepted. All payments must be made via check or money order.
- At this time, trash and recycling curbside service will be collected as scheduled. The Yard Waste Drop-Off site located at 2200 Wehr Mill Rd. is OPEN. For additional information on hours please visit the Yard Waste Drop-Off Site page. More information on trash and recycling can be found by clicking here.
- Parks, trails, open space, disc golf and courts are OPEN at this time. Playground equipment is not permitted to be used. Please wear masks and sanitize before and after each use. The Township is currently accepting pavilion reservations for small groups. Although the Summer Playground Program has been canceled, we are offering weekly themed camps for small groups. More information can be found by clicking here. Township has posted Stay At-Home Recreation activities that we encourage you to take a look at Keep up to speed by visiting the township’s parks and recreation Facebook page
- For information regarding permits, please visit the Permits & Licensing page.
- If staff would be required to enter a private residence or business, a series of questions may be asked and personal protective equipment may be worn.
- The South Whitehall Township water and wastewater systems continue to be safe. For additional information please visit: https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-drinking-water-and-wastewater
Public Meetings – All public meetings will continue to be held virtually. Please visit the website for virtual meeting information.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as South Whitehall Township positions itself in the best way possible to minimize the disruption and attempt to maximize the health and safety of all so that we can continue to fulfill our obligations to the citizens we serve. We will continue to update the website, Parks and Recreation and Police Facebook pages and Police Next Door site on any changes.
The Township sincerely thanks everyone for their patience and understanding, as we navigate these unprecedented times. We look forward to seeing you out and about again and invite you to continue supporting our local community businesses.
Stay safe and healthy,