Certified Lifeguards – OPEN
Interested applicants should email email@example.com (ATTN: Recreation Program Specialist). The Swim and Gym Program runs on Sundays (1-5pm) from January to March at Parkland High School.
Parks and Recreation Internship
Summer Recreation Assistant – OPEN
South Whitehall Township’s Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a Summer Recreation Assistant.
Sample Job Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and participates in the development and implementation of seasonal recreation programs for residents of all ages and abilities.
- Obtains sponsorship for various recreation needs and to offset costs of recreation events.
- Prepares written documents, statistical reports, program schedules, press releases, brochures and fliers.
- Communicates and works with individuals, community groups and committees to stimulate broad-based partnerships and develop program support.
- Consult with school officials, youth sport groups and other public and private agencies in seeking solutions to widen the township’s program offerings.
- Monitors and updates the Department’s social media pages and website pages, and explores other advertising methods to enhance program marketing efforts.
- Tracks attendance and registration numbers for all recreation programs and contributes data to monthly department report.
- Coordinates facility rentals such as pavilions and athletic fields.
- Assists the Recreation Program Specialist.
- Supervises the Summer Playground Program and Staff.
Desired Education & Experience
- On track to earn a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Parks and Recreation Management, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience operating programs for a Parks and Recreation Department.
- Experience working with youth.
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification required within one (1) month of start of employment.
- A valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license is required
Starting Hourly Rate Range – $10.00 to $15.00. Position will require some nights, weekends and holidays.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Recreation Program Specialist).
Playground Counselor – CLOSED
South Whitehall Township is seeking applications for Summer Playground Program Counselors. Counselors will report directly to their Playground Supervisor and will be responsible for leading a schedule of diverse programs consisting of competitive and non-competitive recreation activities. Activities may include: sports, games, team building, arts and crafts, environmental education and special events. Counselors are expected to keep all program participants active and engaged from 9:00am – 3:00pm (M-F).
Applicants must be at least 17 years of age. Application deadline is Friday, May 26, 2017. Interested applicants should email email@example.com (ATTN: Recreation Program Specialist)