PA Turnpike closure
The Northeast extension of the PA Turnpike will be closed between Lehigh Valley exit #56 and Mahoning Valley Exit #74.
Planned closure: September 29th – 9 p.m. to October 2nd at 4 a.m.
Rain date: October 13th – 9 p.m. to October 16th at 4 a.m.
Detour route: 22 East to 33 North to either 209 West or further to 80 West. (See attached detour diagram)
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
- Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
- Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges) BY PHONE
- Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
- Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
- Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
- Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com