Certified Lifeguards – OPEN
Interested applicants should email email@example.com (ATTN: Parks and Recreation Manager). The Swim and Gym Program runs on Sundays (1-5pm) from January to March at Parkland High School.
CIVIL SERVICE TESTING FOR THE POSITION OF PATROL OFFICER
The South Whitehall Township Civil Service Commission will be accepting applications for the position of patrol officer. FILING DEADLINE: 12:00 Noon, Monday, November 28, 2016.
Applicants for any position in the Police Department shall possess at a minimum at the time of application, an associate degree of not fewer than sixty (60) credit hours (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university, or shall have completed at least sixty (60) credit hours (or equivalent) in a bachelor’s degree program where the courses taken possess sufficient depth and breadth to qualify for an associate degree from an accredited college or university. Alternatively, an applicant who has been honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces with at least two (2) years of active duty, or has provided satisfactory police service in a Pennsylvania municipality for at least two (2) years, after proper Commonwealth certification, must have credit for not fewer than thirty (30) credit hours (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university at the time of application. “Accredited college or university,” as used in this paragraph, shall mean accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, or its successor, or an equivalent accreditation organization for colleges and universities outside the service area of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Credit hours shall not qualify unless taught by faculty onsite for instruction. All applicants must have reached twenty-one years of age before the deadline for submitting completed applications. A successful Applicant must also live within a radius of twenty five miles from the boundaries of the Township within six months of completing his/her probationary period, and must continually maintain this residency requirement while a police officer. Every applicant shall be a United States citizen, be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer, and, prior to appointment, possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Final appointment shall be contingent upon successful completion of all Police Academy pre-entrance examinations prescribed by the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission at the time of a conditional offer of employment or possession of a current Act 120 certification at the time of appointment.
A $20.00 non-refundable fee is required at the time of filing the application, payable to South Whitehall Township.
Applications and necessary forms can be obtained at the South Whitehall Township Administration Building, 4444 Walbert Avenue, Allentown, PA, Monday through Friday, 8AM-4PM. and are available in downloadable PDF format at: www.southwhitehall.com. Completed applications must be filed at the South Whitehall Township Administration Department at the above address by the filing deadline.
Qualified applicants will be subject to a civil service examination consisting of a written examination, physical agility examination, oral examination, voice stress analysis or polygraph examination and background examination. In addition, a medical examination and a psychological examination will be administered to an applicant who is given a conditional offer of employment. The first part of the examination, the written examination, will be administered on December 3, 2016.
Copies of the job description and essential job functions are available for inspection at the
Administration building and at www.southwhitehall.com.
South Whitehall Township is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: Applications will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ENTRY LEVEL PATROL OFFICER. APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28 @ 12:00PM.
PATROL OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
PATROL OFFICER APPLICATION PACKET
CIVIL SERVICE TESTING DATE AND TIME – 2016
Recreation Program Specialist
South Whitehall Township’s Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a full-time Recreation Program Specialist. This position is responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and participating in the development and implementation of year-round and seasonal recreational programs for residents of all ages and abilities.
- Obtaining sponsorships for various recreational needs to offset costs of events and programs.
- Preparing written documents, statistical reports, program schedules, press releases, brochures and fliers.
- Communicating and working with individuals, community groups and committees to stimulate broad-based partnerships and develop program support.
- Consulting with school officials, youth sport groups and other public and private agencies in seeking solutions to widen the township’s program offerings.
- Monitoring and updating the Department’s social media pages and website pages, and exploring other advertising methods to enhance program marketing efforts.
- Tracking attendance and registration numbers for all recreation programs and contributing data to monthly department reports.
- Coordinating facility rentals such as pavilions and athletic fields.
- Assisting the Parks and Recreation Manager with the annual program budget.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Parks and Recreation Management, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- One (1) year of experience operating recreational programs or related experience.
- Ability to be certified and maintain First Aid and CPR certification. Certification is required within one (1) year of start of employment.
- A valid driver’s license.
Position will require some nights, weekends and holidays. All resumes must include salary requirements. Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline is Friday, December 16, 2016 at 3:30pm.