Description of the Board
The Public Safety Commission is a twelve-member board comprised of at-large citizen volunteers, the Fire Chiefs of our volunteer fire departments, Chief of Police, Emergency Management Director, Chief Executive Officer of the Cetronia Ambulance Corps., and the Superintendent of the Parkland School District. They serve with no remuneration and are advisory to the Board of Commissioners.
The Public Safety Commission meets to discuss topics related to public safety that are brought by the members themselves, residents, or referred to them by other boards. Land development plans that are under review by the Township are sent to the Public Safety Commission for their perspective.
Generally, the members meet at 7:00 p.m., on the first Monday of each month. Anyone wishing to bring a public safety issue before the Board should contact our Fire Inspector, John Frantz, about a week before the meeting to have the matter placed on the agenda.
Currently, the membership includes:
Public Safety Commission Members
- Stuart T. Shmookler | Chairman
- Thomas Yezerski | Vice Chairman
- Richard Snyder | Member at Large
- Michael Smith | Member at Large
- David Kennedy | Parkland School District
- John Christman | Police Chief
- Jay Heicklen | Cetronia Fire Chief
- Russel Held, Jr. | Woodlawn Fire Chief
- Matt Bertsch | Greenawalds Fire Chief
- Jeff Johnson | Tri-Clover Fire Chief
- Jeffrey Kelly | Emergency Management Coordinator
- Larry Wiersch | Chief Executive Director
- Chris Peischl | Cetronia Ambulance Director of Operations
All meetings are open to the public.