The South Whitehall Township Authority is authorized to acquire, construct, finance, improve and maintain the Township’s Water and Sanitary Sewer Systems. The five-member Board is appointed by the South Whitehall Township Board of Commissioners. All members are residents of the Township.
Under the provisions of the Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Act of 1945 and per agreement with the South Whitehall Township Board of Commissioners, the Authority regulates and governs certain responsibilities of both the Water and Sanitary Sewer Systems as follows:
To determine when and under what circumstances connections may be made to the utility systems
- To determine and assess connection charges to those who connect to the utility systems
- To determine when the utility systems should be upgraded and the manner of such upgrading
- To establish, revise and promulgate utility rates, rentals, tapping, customer facilities and/or connection fees
- To determine when mains within the utility systems shall be extended or looped, and the manner of such extensions and looping in areas currently served.
- To determine whether and under what circumstances service should be provided to customers and areas served by existing private utility systems, whether through acquisition of such private systems or otherwise.
Board of Authority Members
- Chris Peischl | Chairman
- Daniel G. D’Imperio | Vice Chairman
- Stefan Cohen | Treasurer
- Craig Walls | Assistant Secretary-Treasurer
- Dr. Rex D’Agostino | Secretary
Currently there are no vacancies on the BOA. However, the Volunteer Board Member Application, which can be found by clicking on FORMS (upper right) may be submitted. Once completed, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org We will keep all submitted forms on file. Thank you for your interest.